Low-cost color multifunction printing that maximizes productivity.
Ideal for environments that demand high productivity and expanded connectivity, the WorkForce ProWF-C879R / WF-C879R color multifunction printers, powered by PrecisionCore Heat-Free TechnologyTM, offers the lowest total printing costs in its class1. Its Replaceable Ink Pack System delivers up to 86,000 ISO pages (black) and up to 50,000 ISO pages (color)2, which means fewer interventions. It speeds through professional-quality prints at 26/25 ISO ppm (black/color)†, and scans up to 100 images per minute (duplex)3. With 13" x 19" printing, a 1,900-sheet total paper capacity4, and auto-duplexing, the WF-C879R has the versatility to streamline workflows for maximum efficiency. And, it features the lowest power consumption in its class5.
4-in-1 with Wireless, Ethernet & PCL/PS: Print / Copy / Scan / Fax
Ink: 4-color DURABrite® Pro pigment ink
Printer is designed for use with Epson ink packs only, not third-party ink systems.*
ISO Print Speed: Black: 26 ISO ppm†; Color: 25 ISO ppm†
Note: This printer is designed for use with Epson ink packs only, not third-party ink packs or ink.*
- Lowest total printing costs in its class1 — the perfect MFP for cost-conscious workgroups
- Low intervention, less hassle — Replaceable Ink Pack System lets you print up to 86,000 ISO pages (black) and up to 50,000 ISO pages (color)2
- Fast output — prints at speeds of 26/25 ISO ppm (black/color)†; plus fast first page out
- Powered by PrecisionCore Heat-Free Technology — the next generation of inkjet printing technology
- Conserve energy — lowest power consumption in its class5
- Fast scan speed — up to 100 images per minute (duplex)3
- Versatile media handling — prints up to 13" x 19"; up to 1,900-sheet total paper capacity4; features auto duplexing (print, copy, scan, fax) and auto media size detection
- Genuine Epson Solutions support — for print management and authentication (Epson Print Admin and Epson Print Admin Serverless)
- Open Platform ready — seamless integration with enterprise applications such as PaperCut, Equitrac and others
- Duty cycle — up to 75,000-page maximum monthly duty cycle6
Designed for use exclusively with Epson ink packs*.
*This product uses only genuine Epson-brand ink packs. Other brands of ink supplies are not compatible and, even if described as compatible, may not function properly.
† Black and color print speeds are measured in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print times will vary based on factors including system configuration, software, and page complexity. For more information, visit www.epson.com/printspeed
1 Actual savings and costs will vary considerably based on print tasks, print volumes and usage conditions. Based on total costs of printing with the WF-C878R and WF-879R printers and highest-capacity replacement ink compared with the costs of printing equivalent ISO pages with the best-selling, similarly featured color laser and color inkjet multifunction printers with speeds of 35 pages per minute or less as of June 2019. Toner and ink costs based on manufacturer’s highest-capacity yields and pricing; printer costs based on MSRP per industry-available data as of September 2019.
2 Ink pack yields are estimated based on ISO/IEC 24711 test in Default Mode printing continuously. Ink pack yields vary considerably for reasons including printed images, print settings, temperature and humidity. Yields may be lower when printing infrequently or predominantly with one ink color. All ink colors are used for printing and printer maintenance, and all colors have to be installed for printing. For print quality, part of the ink from the included ink packs is used for printer startup and a variable amount of ink remains in the ink pack after the "replace ink pack" signal. For details, see www.epson.com/inkinfo
3 Based on 200 dpi, letter-size, in Black-and-White or Color.
4 With optional paper trays.
5 Compared to similarly featured color multifunction printers with speeds of 35 ppm or less based on industry-available data, June 2019. Actual power savings will vary by product model and usage.
6 Monthly duty cycle up to 75,000 is the highest duty a user could expect in a month, based on near-constant operation of a device of this kind. It is not recommended that the device be run at this duty. For best device performance, run the device at the recommended duty of 5,000 pages per month.
7 Not all media types are supported for PCL printing.
8 For convenient and reasonable recycling options, visit www.epson.com/recycle
9 SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency.