Dynamic security enabled printer. Only intended to be used with cartridges using an HP original chip. Cartridges using a non-HP chip may not work, and those that work today may not work in the future.
- Extreme simplicity
- Print multi-size A3/B and A1/D projects automatically, without manually switching the media source.
- Save time with the world's easiest job submission—send multiple files in one click with HP Click software.2
- Print with confidence you'll get the results you expect with an intuitive driver and true print preview.
- Fits the way you work
- Avoid waiting by the printer with high-speed printing as fast as 26 seconds per A1/D plot.
- Be more productive—save time from job prep to final print by printing your projects up to 2x faster.5
- Print your jobs and manage your plotter from virtually anywhere, anytime with the HP Smart app.
- Fits the way you live
- Design that performs, technology that stands out.
- Easily set up your plotter using your smartphone.
- First net carbon neutral HP DesignJet plotter.2
Model size: 24 in
Print speed: 26 sec/page on D, 81 D prints per hour
Print technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
Printer drivers included: Raster driver for Windows and macOS
Print quality color (best): Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
Print languages: HP-GL/2, HP-RTL, CALS G4, JPEG, URF
Number of print cartridges: 4 (C, M, Y, K)
Ink types: Dye-based (C, M, Y); pigment-based (K)
Line accuracy: ±0.1%
Maximum optical density (black): 8 L* min/2.10 D
Connectivity, standard: Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T), Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n
Memory: 1 GB
Internal Storage: None
Finished output handling: Sheet feed, roll feed, automatic horizontal cutter
Media sizes standard (sheets, rolls): 11 to 24 in (279 to 610 mm)
Media sizes, custom: Auto sheet feeder: 8.3 x 11 to 13 x 19 in; manual feed: 8.3 x 11 to 24 x 74.7 in
Media types: Bond and coated paper, technical paper, film, photographic paper, self-adhesive
Roll external diameter: 3.9 in (100 mm)
Media thickness: Up to 11.8 mil
Power: Input voltage (auto ranging): 100-240 V (±10%), 50/60 Hz (±3 Hz), 1200 mA max
Power consumption: [35 W (printing), [5.6 W (ready), [2.1 W (sleep), 0.2 W (standby)
Energy star certified: Yes
Operating temperature range: 41 to 104ºF (5 to 40ºC)
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H): 39.9 x 21.9 x 36.7 in (1013 x 555 x 932 mm)
Weight: 74.1 lb (33.6 kg)
UPC number: 194850020391
Package dimensions (W x D x H): 47.2 x 23.2 x 20.6 in (1199 x 590 x 524 mm)
Package weight: 94.8 lb (43 kg)
Software included: HP Click, HP Smart app, HP Print Preview for Windows, HP Easy Start, HP DesignJet Utility for Windows, HP Support Assistant
Warranty: One-year limited hardware warranty
2 HP is reducing the carbon footprint of printing through carbon reduction initiatives such as energy efficiency, reduced packaging, and use of recycled plastics. The HP DesignJet Studio Printer is the first HP DesignJet where HP has offset the remaining carbon impact due to raw material extraction and processing, printer manufacturing and transportation, as well as electricity, paper, and cartridge use in accordance with The CarbonNeutral Protocol https://www.carbonneutral.com/how/carbonneutral-protocol.
3 One-click printing with HP Click software. Applicable to PDF, JPEG, TIFF, DWF, and HP-GL/2 files.
4 Three-click printing with HP Click software compared to up to 11 clicks with competitive alternatives when printing 5 files of different sizes. Applicable to PDF, JPEG, TIFF, DWF, and HP-GL/2 files. Based on testing the HP DesignJet Studio 36-in Printer, from job prep to print is up to 2x faster than competitive alternatives with comparable size and features as of January, 2020.