- IMPRESSIVE—Meet high-quality expectations
- Help your customers stand out from impactful photos to detailed maps/line drawings, with optimized printheads.
- Avoid rework with consistent, accurate color across prints and printers, with embedded spectrophotometer.3
- Meet your customers' expectations for precise colors with HP Professional PANTONE® color emulation.4
- PRODUCTIVE—Increase your production volumes
- Accommodate production peaks with print speeds up to 212 ft²/hr on glossy and 548 ft²/hr on plain paper.5
- Handle more jobs with 500 GB hard disk capacity.
- Work without interruption with long media rolls, 775-ml HP ink cartridges, and a built-in take-up reel.
- RELIABLE—No need to change the way you work
- Seamlessly integrate with the market-leading RIPs, enabled by HP's RIP certification program.2
- Turn operator efficiency into operating profit with HP SmartStream job preparation and processing software.
- Easily create content and submit jobs using the HP Applications Center.6
Model size: 42 in
Print time color image ISO N5 (best, D glossy paper): 3.2 min/page
Print time color image ISO N5 (normal, D glossy paper): 2.1 min/page
Print time color image ISO N5 (draft, D coated paper): 18 sec/page
Print time color image ISO N5 (normal, D coated paper): 1.5 min/page
Print speed: Fast-Economode: 1225 ft²/hr on plain media; Normal: 236 ft²/hr on coated media; Best: 118 ft²/hr on glossy media
Print technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
Printer drivers included: Raster driver for Windows; PostScript driver for Windows and macOS with optional PostScript/PDF Upgrade Kit
Print quality color (best): Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
Print languages: HP-GL/2, HP-RTL, CALS G4
Number of print cartridges: 8 (magenta, yellow, matte black, photo black, chromatic red, cyan or light cyan, light gray, light magenta)
Ink types: Pigment-based
Line accuracy: ±0.1%
Color Stability: Median < 1.25 dE2000, 95% of colors < 2.75 dE2000
Print repeatability: < 1 dE2000 in less than 5 minutes
Maximum optical density (black): 4.5 L* min/2.31 D
Connectivity, standard: Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T), EIO Jetdirect accessory slot
Connectivity, optional: HP Jetdirect EIO print servers
Network ready: Standard
Memory: 64 GB (virtual)
Internal Storage: 500 GB
Finished output handling: Roll feed, automatic horizontal cutter, take-up reel
Media sizes standard (sheets, rolls): 42-in: 11 to 42 in; 60-in: 11 to 60 in (42-in: 279 to 1067 mm; 60-in: 279 to 1524 mm)
Media types: Bond and coated paper, technical paper, film, photographic paper, proofing paper
Roll external diameter: 6.7 in (170 mm)
Media thickness: Up to 22 mil
Power: Input voltage (auto ranging): 100-127 V (±10%), 5 A; 220-240 V (±10%), 3 A; 50/60 Hz (±3 Hz)
Power consumption: 270 W (printing); < 48 W (ready); < 5.3 W (sleep); < 0.3 W (off)
Energy star certified: Yes
Operating temperature range: 41 to 104ºF (5 to 40ºC)
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H): 42-in: 77.5 x 27.2 x 53.9 in; 60-in: 95.7 x 27.2 x 53.9 in (42-in: 1970 x 690 x 1370 mm; 60-in: 2430 x 690 x 1370 mm)
Weight: 42-in: 271 lb; 60-in 419 lb (42-in: 123 kg; 60-in: 190 kg)
UPC number: (ABG) 192018991903; (B19) 192018991873; (B1K) 192018991880; (BCD) 192018991897
Package dimensions (W x D x H): 42-in: 89.8 x 28.9 x 47.2 in; 60-in: 105.6 x 29.5 x 47.2 in (42-in: 2280 x 735 x 1200 mm; 60-in: 2684 x 750 x 1200 mm)
Package weight: 42-in: 390.2 lb; 60-in: 489.4 lb (42-in: 177 kg; 60-in: 222 kg)
Software included: Printer drivers, HP Click, HP Applications Center, HP DesignJet Utility including HP Color Center
Warranty: One-year limited hardware warranty
Request Information Data Sheet
2 For a list of HP certified RIPs, visit: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/large-format-printers/designjet-printers/zseries-rips.html.
3 Embedded in the HP DesignJet Z6810 Production Printer series is an i1 spectrophotometer from X-Rite. Close collaboration between HP and X-Rite ensures a reliable solution that’s been thoroughly tested to meet customer demands for ease, quality, and dependability.
4 HP Professional PANTONE® color emulation and Adobe PostScript®/PDF upgrade kit sold separately.
5 Using glossy paper and Normal mode, HP DesignJet Z6810 Production Printers can achieve print speeds up to 212 ft²/hour. Using plain paper and Normal mode, HP DesignJet Z6810 Production Printers can achieve speeds up to 548 ft²/hour.
6 Requires an HP Applications Center account, Internet connection, and connected Internet-capable device. For more information, see http://www.hpapplicationscenter.com.