We broke all the rules
The new Colorado 1640 wide format printer, powered by UVgel, will fill the gap between current technologies in the roll-to-roll production market. Print service providers now have a clear choice when it comes to a graphics printing system that will help deliver real production efficiency while lowering their operating costs, enabling them to profitably grow their business. Print volumes have continued to grow in the wide format marketplace for several years now and turnaround times continue to shrink as well. Analysts confirm that more than 40% of production jobs need to be turned around within 24 hours and a majority of those are same-day. That is why Canon Solutions America has developed this UVgel print technology, allowing our customers to compete in this new market space.
This UVgel wide format print technology delivers:
- Breakthrough productivity
- Never seen before print automation
- Wide and unique application range
- Low cost of operation
- Robust production printing platform
The Colorado 1640 roll-to-roll printer is excellent for both indoor and outdoor display graphics applications. It delivers a large color gamut, similar to solvent inks, but combines this with the environmental benefits and safety profile of latex and UV-cured printing systems.
|| 1640 BROCHURE ||
Canon Colorado 1640 UVgel Printer
Inspiration by design
The Colorado 1640 sets a new standard in industrialization and automation. It features a heavy-duty drawer mechanism that holds up to two rolls of media at one time, each weighing up to 110 lbs. The two rolls can be of the same media type and size or different media, and once initialized, the print engine can switch jobs between rolls without operator assistance.
The UVgel print heads incorporate patented on-the-fly quality assurance control with continuous nozzle monitoring to detect and correct any underperforming nozzles. Canon’s patented nozzle monitoring technology automatically checks all nozzles using acoustic sampling and even detects when nozzles are going to misfire before they actually do.
- A radically new UV curable ink from Canon that bonds instantly on contact with the media, resulting in precise dot placement and area control for consistent high-quality images at high speed.
- UVgel has the large color gamut of solvent inks combined with the environmental benefits and safety profile of latex and UV inks.
- Ultra-thin ink dispersion with almost no discernible physical profile and the lowest ink consumption rate can provide up to a 40 % reduction in printing costs compared to 64” eco-solvent and latex systems.